Metamask is the most popular crypto wallet on the planet right now. A lot of people are asking how to actually set it up to buy an NFT on OpenSea – the largest NFT market – for example.
This guide was actually made for The Space Warrior comunity, but I would like to share it with you.
- Download and Install Metamask. On the metamask website, you will find instructions on how to download the wallet. Currently, metamask can be used only on Chrome, Firefox, Brave, Microsoft Edge, or as an app via Apple or Android device.
- Create an account. Select the “create a wallet” option. You will then need to create a password. You will use this password to sign in to your metamask account via the browser extension or the mobile app.
Next, you will receive a randomly generated string of words. This is your seed phrase. Before confirming this phrase, BACK IT UP by either writing it down and saving somewhere safe and offline, or using a password manager to encrypt it.
- Configure Settings. Now you will see the main page of your metamask wallet. Take a moment to explore and configure your new wallet’s settings. This may seem like an arbitrary step, but familiarizing yourself with the settings and assorted menus can be a big help should you ever run into any trouble.
- Add funds. The two most common ways to add a token to your metamask wallet are by either A) sending it from an exchange (Coinbase, Crypto.com, Binance, etc.), or B) purchasing ETH directly from Wyre, metamask default payment interface.
Your wallet’s unique Ethereum address is listed directly below “Account 1” identifier. An Ethereum address is a random string of characters akin to a bank account number. You will use it to interact with the Ethereum blockchain, sometimes inputting it into sites and exchanges to collect, send and receive tokens.
- Moving to mobile. To use your new wallet on your phone, download the metamask app. Then open the app, which will guide you through a set up of prompts similar to when you first set up your wallet. Choose the “Import Using Seed Phrase” option and input the private key you saved during your initial metamask setup.
NOTE THAT YOU CAN ALSO USE COINBASE WALLET
Side note from me: Coinbase wallet is even more secure than Metamask wallet because it is app based and not browser extension base.
BUY ETH AND TRANSFER IT
BUY ETH ON METAMASK
BUY ETH ON CRYPTO.COM AND TRANSFER IT TO METAMASK
TRANSFER ETH FROM BINANCE TO METAMASK
Connect Coinbase Wallet to Coinbase Exchange + Transfer ETH
You do not have permission to send messages in this channel.
Leave a Reply